We want to help you make the most of your time and have the tools to handle your administrative details. EDI and Web transactions can give you access to the information you need in seconds and allow you more time to spend on the most important part of health care — assisting your patients.
Why use EDI?
Automate your claims process and save
Filing paper claims can be time consuming. When you submit claims to Cigna electronically, including coordination of benefits (COB) claims, your practice can gain many benefits such as:
- Quicker claims submission
- Faster payments
- Improve claims accuracy - reduce transcription errors and missing data
- No printing and mailing costs
- Spend less time resubmitting corrected claims
- Reduce paperwork
- 24/7 access to claims tracking
- Lower operational costs
- Fewer rejections and resubmissions
- Faster responses and payment
- Submit eligibility and benefit inquiries to multiple payers and track claim status through your clearinghouse
- Obtain claim status and receive responses using the HIPAA standard Health Care Claim Status Codes
- View payment information, including the amount paid, when the check or EFT was issued and the date it cleared EDI transactions with Cigna
EDI transactions with Cigna
To view a complete list of EDI vendors1 that securely transmit data electronically to Cigna, visit Cigna.com > Health Care Providers > Coverage and Claims > Submit Claims > Electronic Data Interchange Vendors.
1 EDI vendor information is as of 7/3/17 and is subject to change. Any reference to the products, services, information or websites of any non-Cigna-affiliated entity is provided for informational purposes only. Cigna does not endorse or guarantee the products, services, information, or websites of such entities.