On the Line
All the Time
Health needs don’t always follow regular business hours. But with Cigna’s Health Information Line, your patients always have easy access to helpful information and support. Nurses are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, providing convenient, confidential services such as:
- Helping patients understand and make informed decisions about symptom-based health issues they are experiencing when they call.
- Allowing patients to choose the right care in the right setting at the right time, whether it’s going to the nearest emergency room or urgent care center, following up on a doctor’s appointment, reviewing home treatment options or directing them to call 911.
- Offering patients a wide variety of health and medical information, including access to an audio health library.
- Introducing patients to a variety of online tools to help them become more engaged in their own health care.
- Referring patients to other health care professionals or programs that could be available with their health plan, including case management and chronic condition support health advocacy programs.
When your patients with Cigna coverage need care, a Health Information Line nurse is always there to answer the phone, offering education and support to help customers make more informed decisions about their health and wellness. Services are also available for non-English speaking and hearing-impaired callers.
Helping patients reach our Health Information Line is easy. Just tell them to call the toll-free number on their Cigna ID card.