We recognize that it is important for people to have the information they need to make the right choices about their health. As a health care professional, you can help influence your patients’ health outcomes and encourage them to improve their health. By working together, we can help to attain better outcomes for your maternity patients. Encourage your maternity patients to learn about the maternity benefits and management program offered through their Cigna administered plan:
Cigna Maternity Benefits
These benefits are available to all of your maternity patients who are covered by a Cigna administered medical plan. Benefits include:
- A one-time educational mailing that provides prenatal care education and information about depression, stress, and dental care during pregnancy.
- Access to the Cigna 24-Hour Health Information Line(SM), where women can ask a nurse about everything from morning sickness to prenatal care or any general pregnancy questions.
- Access to Cigna's High Risk Maternity Management program which focuses on proactively identifying pregnant women who are at high risk for pregnancy-related complications and prenatal hospitalizations because of co-morbid medical conditions, such as hypertension or diabetes.
Cigna Healthy Pregnancies, Healthy Babies®
This comprehensive maternity management program helps women manage their pregnancy and keep their baby healthy. It offers:
- A full scope of services – education, preconception counseling, and care management – to patients with a Cigna administered medical plan who are pregnant or considering pregnancy.
- An initial risk assessment, followed by appropriate prenatal education and care management, that may include:
- A referral to a case manager.
- Information about preterm labor, such as prevention medications and how to identify and react to pre-term labor.
- Resources about maintaining a healthy pregnancy.
- Ongoing assessments to monitor those who may become high-risk.
- Nurses to provide wellness information and answer health questions through email, telephone, or mail.
- Educational materials in partnership with the March of Dimes®.
- A welcome kit upon enrollment, as well as a notebook with a journal, calendar, and other tools to help track and maintain a healthy pregnancy.
Encourage your maternity patients covered under Cigna administered plans to log in to myCigna.com (Manage My Health > My Health Programs & Resources) to learn more about maternity benefits and programs. They may also call the toll-free number on their Cigna ID card for more information or to self-enroll.
For additional information and resources, please call Cigna Customer Service at 1.800.88Cigna (882.4462).