Cigna understands it's not easy for people to quit smoking. As a health care professional, you're in a prime position to influence your patients' health outcomes and encourage them to improve their health. Encourage your patients to learn what programs and benefits may be available to them through their Cigna plan.
Tobacco use ranks as a leading cause of preventable death in the United States1. In fact, each year, an estimated 480,000 people die prematurely from smoking or exposure to secondhand smoke, and another 16 million live with a serious illness caused by smoking.2
Help Your Patients Live Tobacco-Free
Our tobacco cessation program combines coaching, behavior change support, and nicotine replacement therapy for your patients with Cigna medical coverage. The program includes:
- Information that can help your patients:
- Gain a better understanding of the health consequences of tobacco use
- Learn about techniques and products available to help resist urges to use tobacco and deal with withdrawal symptoms
- Make the choice to live a healthier, tobacco-free life
- A series of calls with a dedicated health advocate who can help motivate your patient to start and maintain necessary changes to remain tobacco-free
- Free over-the-counter nicotine replacement therapy(patch or gum)
It's Easy to Enroll
Encourage your patients covered by a Cigna medical plan to log in to myCigna.com (My Health > My Health Assistant) to enroll in our free tobacco cessation program today. The website also provides additional information and tools to support your patients as they quit smoking. Patients can also enroll in the program by calling 1.855.246.1873.
- CDC and Tobacco Use
- American Heart Association
- National Academies of Science, Engineering, and Medicine 2018. Public Health Consequences of E-Cigarettes Washington DC: The National Academies Press.
- • USPSTF