Cigna Coronavirus (COVID-19) Interim Billing Guidance for Providers for Commercial Customers
Updated October 30, 2020 - Highlighted text indicates updates
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, we appreciate that providers across the country are on the front line to offer dedicated care to our customers and help protect local communities.
As federal guidelines continue to evolve in support of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have again extended our interim coverage accommodations for commercial Cigna medical services, as follows:
- The cost-share waiver for COVID-19 diagnostic testing and related office visits is extended until January 21, 2021.
- The cost-share waiver for COVID-19 related treatment is extended until December 31, 2020.
- Some other interim accommodations (e.g., for credentialing and authorizations) are extended through December 31, 2020, as outlined on this page.
- The interim COVID-19 virtual care guidelines as outlined on this page are in place until December 31, 2020. Beginning January 1, 2021, we will implement a new Virtual Care Reimbursement Policy. Please visit CignaforHCP.com/virtualcare for additional information about this new policy.
The following COVID-19 billing and reimbursement guidelines for commercial Cigna medical services* are designed to make it as easy as possible for you to continue to focus on delivering quality, safe, and efficient care to your patients.
* The guidelines on this page also apply to customers with Individual and Family Plans (IFP). Additionally, on June 1, 2020, Cigna announced that Cigna Medicare Advantage is waiving cost-share for certain non-COVID-19 related office visits through December 31, 2020, while Cigna Individual and Family Plan (IFP) plans have waived customer cost-share for certain non-COVID-19 services through October 31, 2020. Please note that all other commercial plans (i.e., employer-sponsored plans) continue to have customer cost share for non-COVID-19 services, and cost-share waivers for COVID-19 services are currently scheduled to end on the dates noted above.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Center
Resources to support
your mental health
Live-guided relaxation by telephone
- Available for all providers at no cost
- Every Tuesday at 5:00pm ET
- Call 866.205.5379, enter passcode 113 29 178, and then press #
Pre-recorded wellness podcasts
Additional emotional support resources